SIGNAVIO WORLD 2020 EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern Your registration to participate in the Signavio World 2020 virtual
event (the “Event”) and the basis upon which you may be permitted to participate in the Event. For the avoidance
of doubt, these Terms do not regulate the agreement between an event sponsor and Signavio and separate terms and
conditions apply to such arrangements.
- The Event is organized by Signavio GmbH, Kurfürstenstrasse 111, 10787 Berlin (“We” or “Signavio”) on behalf of
itself and its affliates.
- Signavio has engaged VFairs LLC to provide event management and virtual event hosting services (hereinafter
referred to as “Supplier”).
- For support with any matters relating to your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signavio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to participate in the Event. No
compensation will be provided to any person who is denied access to participate in the Event or is required to
cease participation in the Event.
- Registrations have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or other benefits.
- By registering for and/or participating in the Event, you agree to adhere to these Terms and all generally applicable
rules and regulations governing the Event that have been provided or are otherwise made known to you by Signavio, the
Supplier and/or are imposed by the platform through which the Event is provided.
- Signavio will collect, use and disclose the personal data you provide in this registration for various event-related
purposes. For more information about this, please refer to the "SIGNAVIO WORLD 2020 DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT".
- The Event is an open and public environment in which different people and sponsors can participate. While Signavio will
keep the details of your communication(s) with our employees confidential, we recommend that you take appropriate measures
to ensure that you do not inadvertently publish sensitive content. If you make use of the live chat functionality during the
- Event, your name, job title and company will also be visible to other participants.
- You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other products or
services needed to participate in the Event.
- Signavio is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in
operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical,
network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate
transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Signavio on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on
the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Event is not capable of running as planned,
including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other
causes which, in Signavio’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper
conduct of the Event, Signavio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event or
parts of the Event.
- No commercial photography, filming or recording of any part of the Event is allowed without Signavio’s prior written consent.
For the avoidance of doubt, you may not video, film, transmit or otherwise record (including audio recordings) any seminar,
session or other participant without prior written consent. All photographic rights are reserved by Signavio. Signavio may at
its sole discretion arrange for photographs and/or video and/or sound recordings to be made at or in connection with the Event.
Signavio may publish film or photo material from you and generally from participating persons for its advertising and information
purposes within the scope of their own media work (consent regarding the right to their own picture). However, the material will
not be passed on to third parties and will not be published outside the media of Signavio.
- If you submit, post or display any content relating to the Event on the Event platform or on social media you hereby grant Signavio
a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish,
publicly perform, publicly display and distribute that content throughout the world in connection with advertising, reporting on
and promoting the Event and any related activities in all and any media including without limitation in Signavio’s publications,
presentations, promotional materials, broadcasts, advertising of Signavio’s services including without limitation on Signavio’s
websites; and Signavio may store copies of the content for its own purposes.
- During the Event, you may receive access to Signavio’s, the sponsor’s or third party’s licensed content (“Event Materials”). Signavio
is not liable for the information in the Event Materials. You may use them solely for your own internal, non-commercial purposes.
Unauthorized distribution (via sales, copying, posting on intranet/internet) is expressly forbidden.
- Signavio reserves the right to change or even cancel the event for good cause with regard to the location, agenda, schedule and
speakers, e.g. due to Force Majeure, short-term unavailability of a venue or a speaker without replacement, or lack of participants.
"Force Majeure " is any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of either party, including, without limitation (a) flood, drought,
earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, riot or civil disturbance, war,
threat or preparation of war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo or severance of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear,
chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or action of any government or public authority, including but not
limited to the imposition of any export or import restriction, quota or prohibition, or failure to grant any required license or
consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) labor or trade disputes, strikes, labor disputes or lockouts;
(h) failure of suppliers or subcontractors to perform; and (i) interruption or failure of utility services.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
- Signavio World 2020 is a virtual conference with the aim to offer an entertaining, educational, secure and harassment-free event
for everyone. All participants, speakers, sponsors, vendors and Signavio employees are required to comply with this Code of Conduct.
- Signavio has a zero-tolerance policy and will not tolerate any harassing or abusive behavior towards any participants. We ask all
participants to behave and create a safe and supportive environment of inclusiveness.
- For this reason, you and all other participants are prohibited from harassing or abusive behavior during the Event. In particular,
the participants and you are prohibited from doing so:
- use the event for fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized or illegal purposes;
- harass or harm another person attending the event;
- express or behave disparagingly towards other participants with regard to personal characteristics such as gender, gender identity,
age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, physical appearance or political opinions;
- sustained disruption of conversations, presentations or other elements of the Event; or
- violate the intellectual property rights of Signavio or of the sponsors or Suoolier or use the intellectual property of Signavio without
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SIGNAVIO, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR THE EVENT, EXCEED TEN EUROS (€ 10).
- IN CASES OF ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE, SIGNAVIO IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR ATYPICAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS DO NOT APPLY IN THE CASE OF INTENT, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, CULPABLE BREACH OF SIGNIFICANT CONTRACTUAL DUTIES, IN THE
CASE OF INJURY TO THE LIFE, BODY OR HEALTH OF A PERSON OR IN THE CASE OF LIABILITY UNDER THE GERMAN PRODUCT LIABILITY LAW (PRODUKTHAFTUNGSGESETZ
– PRODHAFTG), AS WELL AS IN CASES WHERE A PARTICIPANT CLAIMS COMPENSATION BY VIRTUE OF A GUARANTEE OR ASSURANCE GIVEN BY SIGNAVIO OF THE
EXISTENCE OF A CHARACTERISTIC, UNLESS THE PURPOSE OF THE QUALITY GUARANTEE ONLY EXTENDS TO THE CONTRACTUAL COMPLIANCE OF THE DELIVERY BUT
NOT TO THE RISK OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- SIGNAVIO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND SIGNAVIO
SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY
OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED
UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- THE EVENT IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.
- Subject to applicable law, Signavio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event and these
Terms, for any reason, at any time and without any liability, and (ii) limit or restrict participation in the Event, upon notice.
- Signavio may change these Terms by posting revised Terms through the Signavio World 2020 website. Your access to the Event
following any changes to these Terms will constitute your acceptance of those changes to the Terms. Such changes will not apply prior to your
acceptance of the new terms. The “Version” at the bottom of this Agreement indicates when this Agreement was last changed.
- No act of either party, other than express written waiver, may be construed as a waiver of any provision of these terms. A delay in the exercise
of its rights and remedies by either party shall not be deemed a waiver of such rights and remedies, and a simple or partial exercise of any
such rights and remedies by either party shall not preclude any further or subsequent exercise thereof. A single waiver of any right or remedy
shall not be deemed a bar to or waiver of such right or remedy on any other occasion.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms shall become or be held invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
The invalid provision or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be automatically amended and replaced by a valid or enforceable provision which
economically accomplishes as far as possible the purpose and the intent of the invalid or unenforceable provision. The same shall apply to gaps (if any).
- These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, without regard to choice of law or conflicts of law rules,
or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all legal disputes arising
out of, or in connection with, this Agreement shall be Berlin, Germany.
Version: October 15, 2020